Thursday, August 25, 2011

Heart to Heart

Why does it always seem that you're tired and finally in bed, that 1. your children magically awaken from a nightmare or 2. your significant other and you finally get a chance to talk. And yes, I mean actually talk.

This is why I'm officially awake now. At 12:45am. My hubby and I realized in bed that hey, long time no talk. Granted we were up until 12am anyway watching a magnificent storm cut across southern Ontario (we both love the sound and 'show' of a good thunderstorm). However, once I finally was in bed and quite tired at that, we talk. Of course, he's fallen asleep now, while I am now wide awake.

I must admit, however, that these midnight heart-to-heart times are really quite nice. Regardless of the fact that I usually end up having to wake in 5-6 hours after them. I have found that as our little ones have gotten a little older, nap times have slowly ceased, night time has become later and later, and Wayne's and my one-on-one time has almost dwindled to no time.

Well, there's my heart-to-heart with all you other mothers and sisters and such out there. Hope your midnight heart-to-hearts find you sleepy in the end and not wide awake.

No comments:

Post a Comment