Thursday, June 3, 2010

Good Day Gone Sour

Emily woke up twice last night. Even though Wayne fed her, I still woke and had quite a hard time falling back to sleep. To top that off, she woke at 6am, rather then the usual 7am. Despite that, I felt remarkably well this morning. I brought Emily downstairs and carried her on my hip while I made her bottle. Of course, Emily peed then and I could feel it, however, I have felt her pee in her diaper before. To my surprise, she peed through the diaper and all over my one side. Again, I was still in a fairly good mood, and just went and cleaned myself up, then cleaned Emily.

All was well and good this morning. I was able to grab a nap when the babies went down for a sleep, and felt nicely refreshed when I awoke later on. The babies ate their lunch, no problem. They played fairly nicely together, and Emily rarely whined for my attention. When it was time for Wayne to wake from his nap, I had Lucas scale the stairs to our bedroom. To my amazement, Emily followed suit.

I don't believe I have told you this, but Emily only recently learned to crawl. It hasn't even been a week since she started, and she's already climbing everything. I was happily surprised to see her start climbing the stairs (also a little worried she would fall) and was able to catch the last bit of climbing on video.

After waking their father, we all went downstairs, and that's when things started to go bad. First, my head started a throbbing headache... why? I have no idea. Emily peed through her diaper, again, because her father forgot to change her. Lucas was getting into everything he knew he was not allowed to, and most of all, Wayne was in a sour mood. Perhaps I'm still carrying some anger toward him from yesterday.

As you can probably tell, the babies are sleeping at the moment. Their afternoon nap, if you will. I have been trying to get the babies to sleep in the same room. Emily has been in our room since the beginning (in her own crib), and now I think it perfect time for her to move out. Mostly because she wakes both Wayne and I constantly and I think it doesn't help the tension between us at all. However, their morning naps together don't always go so well. Should Emily wake up, it wakes Lucas, and vice versa.

Wayne and I are anxiously awaiting news about a place to move into. Currently we're renting off my parents, which is a whole other story of problems. We're hopefully going to get into a 3 bedroom so each baby has their own room, and Wayne and I have our own private place again.

I hope to get Emily and Lucas in the same room, simply because we don't know how long it will be before we get to move out. Money is always an issue (can't live with it, can't live without it) and there's a waiting list for the place we want to live. We have a meeting to find out more on Monday, so I'll keep you posted. Also, if you've had to move two children into the same room, please feel free to help me. I am extremely open to all opinions and advice.

I suppose most mothers are. Once family, friends and even strangers know or see that you're pregnant, you get all sorts of opinions and advice--wanted or not. My favourite advice came from my friend's sister-in-law, she told me that everyone would have advice for me, and to just listen and decide whether or not you want to take that advice/opinion to heart or not. When asked, this is the only sort of advice I give to anyone who wants my advice/opinion on pregnancy/motherhood/parenting.

Well, my head is no longer aching, so I best jump in the shower while I've still got the chance. If anyone out there is reading this, I hope I've offered something to brighten your day.

If not, here's a little story to get you laughing:
Yesterday while making the babies lunch, Lucas came into the kitchen and sat on
a chair. I kept glancing over to make sure he wasn't getting into anything.
Quiet as he was, I half expected him to be doing something bad. However,
every time I glanced at him, he was sitting nicely with his hands somewhere
in his lap. Once I was able to truly see what he was up to, I found that he
was chewing something in his mouth. Instantly alarmed, I hurried over, only
to find an apple in those hands. He had been eating an apple he'd grabbed off
the table the entire time, and hiding it in his lap. By the time I had
realized what he was up to, he had eaten half the apple. I laughed so hard.
Here he was being all sly and thinking he was eating something he wasn't
allowed. An apple.

No comments:

Post a Comment