Saturday, June 5, 2010

Making It All Worthwhile

As I mentioned yesterday, I had my driving test, and passed. One less on my list of things to do. I am officially a holder of the G class license. I also went to renew my driver's license, and that left Wayne alone with the babies for almost 2 hours. The babies were still alive when I got home, of course. Wayne wasn't even the least bit frazzled looking. Again, I resented him. He was, however, quite tired. Emily and Lucas both awoke within minutes of my leaving, and Wayne had to get up to take care of them.

Yesterday was a much happier day for me. The babies were not nearly as cranky or whiny as they usually are, and I even got a great nap in the afternoon. I woke, fed the babies dinner, then got treated to some fast food from my dad--thank you. As I was finishing my meal, one of my best friends called. Last night was the Relay For Life. She asked if I was up for heading over and participating with my old work crew. Seeing an opportunity to get out for me and the kids, I nearly bolted out the door in anticipation.

Relay for life is really important to me. I didn't realize until last night, how important it was. My friend died of cancer at 23 (under 3 months before her 24th birthday). Two days before her 24th birthday, I found out I was pregnant with Lucas. I felt as if she were with me, and missed her terribly. Taking the babies with me to Relay For Life helped a lot. It made me feel as if I were helping in some way. I definitely want my children to understand the importance of such events.

On a funny note:
Lucas said 'Peepee' last night while I was changing Emily's diaper. Now, I don't tend to
use baby words with my babies, so I was quite confused as to where this word came from.
Yes, she had a pee diaper, but that's not the point. I thought it cute, but still confused on
the word.
This morning my mom was bouncing Lucas on her knee. She said 'Yippee!'. Lucas, in
turn, said, 'Peepee!'. Now whenever Lucas says it, at least I know what it means. He
was saying yippee to Emily because she was done her diaper change. God I love him!

Days/nights like these make babies all worthwhile.

No comments:

Post a Comment