Friday, June 4, 2010

Term 'Irish Twins'

I feel obliged to apologize to anybody or persons I may have insulted by using the term 'Irish Twins'. I do realize that this term was used condescendingly towards the Irish. I mean no offense whatsoever. When I use this term, I only am referring to my children, and other siblings, born within 12 months of one another. Although, it has now broadened towards siblings born less than 24 months apart.

It was actually something I kept thinking about last night, among other worries, that kept me from falling asleep soundly.

Now that I've gotten that off my chest. I have a driving test today. That means, that Wayne is in charge of the babies while I'm gone. As liberating as this feels, I can't help but feel a little apprehensive. Wayne is a wonderful father, most of the time. Not to say that he's a horrible father at any time. Just that he tends to do things differently from me, and doesn't know all the little things the babies like and don't like. He also feeds them differently and does everything differently then I do. Obviously, he isn't me, and I can't expect him to do everything my way. That being said, I do still feel apprehensive about him watching the children so early.

Usually, Wayne doesn't wake up, unless he has to, until much later. That's why I've already put the babies down for a nap, and hope they stay asleep as long as possible for their father's sake. He's not exactly a morning person. Who is, though, when you wake up to two screaming and hungry babies?

Well, I best be off to my test. I reiterate, I apologize to anybody or person I may have insulted by using the term 'Irish Twins'. I do not use this word condescendingly at all in any of my posts, and think the Irish to be a very fun and interesting lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment